Girl is raped by 4 boys: 2 yrs later, her mother makes a terrible discovery in the bathroom

Growing up as a teenager is often one of the hardest times in a person’s life. Your body is changing, you’re attempting to find yourself, and also you care too much as to what others think.

Some people remember their teenage years as a fun time in their lives, but many would like to forget about their time in middle school and high school. Why? Mainly because children can be horrible to each other and have not yet discovered to consider full responsibility for their actions.

Rehtaeh Parsons from Darthmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada was only 15 years of age in 2011 when the girl attended a party with a friend. Unfortunately, the party would be the beginning of hell for the young girl — a hell that would eventually lead to tragedy.

Rehtaeh was raped by four classmates that night. To make matters worse, one of them photographed the abuse and spread the photographs around their highschool.

Rehtaeh did not relay the problem with her mother, Leah, when it started. But, a few days later, it eventually drove her to break down.

Leah immediately rushed her daughter to the local hospital, but no-one was enthusiastic about helping young Rehtaeh.

The law enforcement officials didn’t even question the boys about the incident that night, and no effort what so ever was taken to trace the phone that contained the photographs.

The case was eventually dropped due to lack of eveidence

During that time, Rehtaeh’s life had become a living hell. Constantly she whould be bullied both in school and online, and everyone, even her friends had turned on her. In addition to having to live with the emotional scars of the horrible event, she was reminded of what happened, every single day.

For example, she would get messages from students asking her for sex. Her life was terrible and she was struggling to get through each day.

“They never left her alone. She had to leave the community. Her friends turned on her. People harassed her … It never stopped,” Rehtaeh’s mother told CBS.

She was depressed and withdrawn. Eventually, things became so bad that Rehtaeh no longer wanted to live.

Here’s what she wrote on her Facebook page on March 3rd, 2013:

“At the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, without the silence of our friends.”

17 months after the attack, Rehtaeh killed herself in the family’s bathroom. By the time her mother got there, it was too late.

Rehtaeh had serious brain injuries and was taken to hospital. A few days later, her parents decided to turn off the machines that kept their daughter alive. The chance that she would wake up again was almost nonexistent.
The police took no action and never charged a single person. They stated that they did not have enough evidence to carry out an arrest.

Rehtaeh’s father, Glen Canning, said his daughter died of disappointment, rather than being bullied to death, because neither the school nor the police did anything to help her.

Over and over, we hear stories about children that are bullied, but are unable to get the help that they need.

Their parents do everything in their power, but no one wants to listen. And the bullies get to go to school and live their lives as if nothing happened.

We must do something to change this. No one ever wants to hear a child has taken their life because they felt abused by the society they lived in..

Even if you’re not a school teacher, a principal, or police officer, all of us can contribute to making the world a much better place for our children to live. Always pay attention to your children and their problems. Ask children how they are feeling, and set a good example through your own actions.

You as a good person can make a difference.

SHARE this article with family and friends, more needs to be done to stop tragedies like this happening in our societies today. The bullies need to be the one’s who get punished, not the victim’s.


Load More Related Articles
Load More By Stephen
Load More In Trending
Comments are closed.