9 yr old with cancer meets baby sister before he dies: Whispers 10 words that break parents’ hearts

As parents we never like to see our children suffer, and we will go above and beyond to ensure they get better fast whenever they get sick. However, sadly not every parent can do this.

Sometimes life throws a curveball at us and no matter how much we try, hope and pray, some things are just beyond our control and out of our hands.

When Bailey became unwell back in the Summer of 2016, his parents immediately took him to the local doctor. Initially, the doctor passed his illness off as a common cold and sent the young boy home to recover.

Bailey’s condition did not improve, and his parents decided to seek further medical opinions. Lee and Rachel received a diagnosis no parent ever wants to hear in their life.

Their 8 year old son had Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, a form of cancer characterized by uncontrolled growth in the lymphatic tissue.

He was immediately placed on treatment of both chemotherapy and radiation. In February 2017 after undergoing numerous grueling treatments, it appeared that the cancer was defeated and Bailey was in the clear.

“They thought there were no more signs of the cancer,” dad Lee tells The Bristol Post. Bailey recovered quickly and could even go to school again, although he was forced to go to regular hospital check-ups to ensure that the cancer hadn’t returned.

Unfortunately, not long after Bailey was given the all clear, the cancer returned and Bailey was back in the hospital again for treatment.

On starting the new session of treatments, he was given a 70% chance of recovering. But with his tiny frame the treatment was very tough on him.

In July he was feeling healthy enough to leave the hospital again and return home for the summer. But the cancer was not to be beaten so easily, and at the end of August, Bailey was back at the hospital. This time the cancer there with vengeance and more aggressive than ever.

The cancer had now reached stage 4 and had spread throughout his little body to his liver, lungs and stomach.

The doctor broke the news to Bailey and his parents, he had only weeks to live, perhaps even days.

Bailey was not to be defeated by this news, he was going to fight on until his little sister was born at the end of November.

And boy did he fight: The three months were grueling for Bailey, his body constantly deteriorating as the days past. His family ensured every day they had with him were fun and memorable.

Bailey was on strong painkillers and was rapidly deteriorating.

When his little sister arrived, he decided that she should be called Millie.

Bailey was over the moon and done everything a big brother does: he hugged and cuddled his little sister, gave her baths and even changed her diapers. But his health quickly went down hill shortly after Millie was born.

According to his diagnosis he shouldn’t have survived long enough to see his sister born. And as soon as he had met her, it became obvious that he didn’t have long left.

On Friday December 22 Bailey was in a hospice.

By Christmas eve the family knew Bailey was close to death and said:

“It’s time to go Bailey. Stop.”
“The moment we said ‘stop’, he took his last breath and had just the one tear come out of his eye. It was peaceful.”

Just before Bailey was taken to the hospice he said something incredibly moving about his baby sister, the family tells The Bristol Post.

“I want to stay but it’s my time to go, to become her guardian angel.”

Tragically Bailey was taken away from his loving family at a very young age and will be sorely missed forever.

Loosing a loved one, especially one so young is perhaps the worst feeling in the world. We should never forget them and always hold them in our thoughts and in our hearts.

Please SHARE this very moving story with friends and family. Many of us have had loved ones and friends who have fell victim to cancer.

Load More Related Articles
Load More By admin
Load More In Trending
Comments are closed.