The inner thigh area can be an issue for some women especially if you carry extra weight around your inner thighs.
If you want to tone up, we’ve got you covered since this stubborn area can be especially hard for women to lose.
Here’s how to lose that inner thigh fat in a healthy and sustainable way and have the perfectly toned thighs you’ve have always dreamed of.
Try these exercises to tone inner thigh fat
The following 7 exercises will tone and reduce the appearance of fat on your inner thighs.
1. Curtsy lunge
- Stand with your chest upright and shoulders down.
- Cross your left leg behind your right leg and squat into a curtsy position, keeping your right leg planted and body upright.
- From the lowered position, push yourself back up and place your left leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side and continue switching legs until you hit 10-15 reps.
2. Walking lunges with dumbbells
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart while you hold a dumbbell with each hand. Keep the weights steady at your sides. (If you’re a beginner, try with no dumbbells first.)
- Step forward with your left leg and lunge forward. Make sure your knee doesn’t go beyond your toes and keep your leg perpendicular. Your non-lunge knee should be around 1 inch off the ground.
- Switch legs and lunge with your right. Alternate legs as you walk to complete your reps.
3. Sumo squat (aka plie squats)
- Stand in a wide stance with your toes and knees pointed outward.
- Slowly lower into a squat position. Keep your hands on your hips to help your balance and keep your spine and torso upright.
- Slowly rise back up, squeezing your glutes to bring yourself back up.
- Continue for 30 seconds total
- Similar to the curtsy lunge, you’ll start with your left leg behind your right with both knees bent.
- Press sideways off your left leg and land back onto your right. Keep your left foot behind you in a curtsy lunge position on the other side. Switch off between legs.
- You can either step or hop depending on your fitness level. Keeping your back leg off the ground will also be more challenging.
5. Side lunge
- Stand with your feet wider than your hips while you hold either a medicine ball or weight at your chest with both hands.
- Take a step to the left and squat down on your left leg by bending your knee and lowering your body until it’s parallel to the floor. While doing this, ensure that your toes are pointed forward and your left knee is aligned with your left ankle.
- Power back into the starting position by pushing off your left leg. Finish your reps on that side before moving onto your right side.
6. Supine inner thigh lift
- Lay down flat on your back with your abs engaged. Have your arms out to your sides, with your palms lying flat on the ground.
- Keeping your hips on the ground, lift your legs up toward the ceiling with your feet flexed.
- Lower your right leg out to the side as far as you can tolerate without lifting your hips. Keep your foot flexed the whole time.
- Bring your leg back up to the starting position, squeezing both your legs together at the top.
- Repeat 15 times on your right side, then switch to your left.
- Get into a squat position with your palms flat on the ground.
- Then kick your feet back and get into a plank position, while keeping your arms extended.
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
How to lose inner thigh fat?
Weight loss includes a combination of diet and exercise can help you blast inner thigh fat. There are two different forms of exercise to help you lose fat.
Incorporate cardio and strength training
- Aerobic: Exercise sustained over longer periods of time, such as cardio activities like running, walking, or biking that gets your heart rate up.
- Anaerobic: Bursts of exercise for shorter periods of time, such as high intensity interval training (HIIT) or strength training.
Combine both forms of cardio and strength training as anaerobic exercises like HIIT are also effective for fat loss
Try these cardio workouts to burn inner thigh fat
Running up hills will get your thigh muscles strong and improve your fitness. Run up for 30 seconds and walk back down.
Moves such as jump squats, burpees, and high knees are all forms of HIIT movements that can get your heart rate pumping in a short period of time.
Improving your diet and adding in cardio and thigh toning exercises takes time, but it’s the most beneficial way to get those thighs of steel.