We are so glad that everything went well, because this terrifying accident could have ended far worse. But, it is a timely warning that the mesh inside boys’ swim suits may not be as safe as it looks.
According to one mum, this meshed netting can be more dangerous than it looks. This mother tells the horrifying story of her son Jack’s penis getting ‘strangled’ inside it, to the point that he could have lost his penis altogether.
Laura Collins was on vacation in Spain with her five-year-old child Jack earlier this month, when she took him into the shower to remove his swim shorts. When she pulled them down, she saw that his penis was stuck in the netting and “literally strangling it” as she wrote in her Facebook post.
No mother should see her child in such pain
When she pulled down the swim shorts her son started screaming and she was really afraid when she heard that. She first took him to the medical center at the hotel where they were staying, but no one could help her son.
“I carried him to reception and asked for some scissors,” the 33-year-old weight loss club consultant told The Mirror. But, no one could help her. “There were two little bubbles, like skin, on either side. Like it was going to burst”- she said.
DOCTORS SAY IT WASN’T THE FIRST TIME THEY’D SEEN THIS
Laura, who was in shock from the whole situation, took her son to a hospital, where he was given an anesthetic and doctors were able to resolve the problem.
Firstly, they were concerned that Jack’s urinary tract may be permanently damaged, but soon Jack was able to urinate properly and doctors concluded that everything will be fine.
The doctors said that this Jack’s case is not the first they have seen.
LITTLE BOYS NEED TO LEARN TO PROTECT THEIR PENISES
Little boys’ penises are particularly prone to accidents, as the proportions of the foreskin and penis do not match up, so they can get caught or trapped in various ways. Children are not aware that this area is delicate.
THANKFULLY, LITTLE JACK IS HAPPY AND WELL
Laura’s son Jack, has recovered without any problems, but she is warning other parents to be more careful with the netting in boys’ swimming costumes.
“Jack was very upset about it afterwards but as five year olds do, he’s bounced back. He keeps talking about it now but he’s fine. He talks about how he nearly lost his willy on holiday and goes on about the naughty netting. He’s been warning all his friends as he doesn’t want the same thing to happen to them”- Laura told The Mirror.
“Please, those with young children,” Laura wrote on Facebook, “remove the netting in swim shorts.”
SHARE this post with friends and family and help raise awareness on this matter.