Mom Vomits For Days After Learning What This Was In Her Coconut Water (Photos)

A mother of two fell very ill for several days after she discovered a foreign object inside her coconut water.

Barbara Kline, who is from Goshen, new York, posted images of the unusual object she found and described it as being “octupus like” after having nearly consumed the contents of her favorite Vita Coco’s Pure Coconut Water, which she had bought from her local ShopRite.

Kline revealed that she was vomiting for days as well as suffering from severe diarrhea for close to a week after consuming the drink.
She also believes that the foreign object in the drink was some type of animal.

“I feel absolutely sick to my stomach even talking about it,” she said.

“I’ve got a told it look like a mouse, I got told it looks like a squid, I got told it looks like a bunch of things that’s why I would like for somebody to get it tested for me that has more authority than me,” Kline said.

She added: “All I want is somebody to see it for themselves and understand that this is not right. I understand that products get moldy and products get missed package and sometimes spoil but this is just too much for me.”

Kline admits that Vita Coco’s Pure Coconut Water was her favorite drink before this incident and that she was a big fan of it.

She posted details of the incident on her Facebook page where it has since been shared over 43,000 times.

Kline said that the drink itself was due to expire on July 21, and that she had kept it in her refrigerator before drinking it.

She said: “I took out my refrigerator. I shook it, I opened it, I put a straw in it and then I drank it. It was only when I unknowingly swallowed one of those clumps I realized it tasted awful I started vomiting. The diarrhea honestly just stopped on Friday.”

“I immediately dumped out all the water,” she noted. “I shook it because I heard stuff bouncing around. I opened it with a knife and that’s when I discovered the octopus-looking thing. There were four of them all together, maybe five and I swallowed one of them.”

When her symptoms got worse, she decided to visit her doctor for blood tests to get a better understanding of what was wrong with her body.

Kline has contacted the company in relation to the incident and sent them samples of the object along with results from her doctor in an attempt to find out what exactly the object was. She has also sent samples of the mystery object away to be independently tested and examined.

A spokesman for Vita Coco released a statement about Kline and her claims:

We have been in touch with the consumer, Barbara Kline, multiple times since April 26, 2017. We take all consumer inquiries and product quality issues very seriously, and as a global brand have protocols to properly investigate quality inquiries.

We asked Ms. Kline for the product information for this unit on April 26, 2017 so that we could report the issue to quality control and investigate it further, but only received that information on Friday, May 5, 2017.

As it stands now, we are reviewing Ms. Kilne’s claim thoroughly so we can assist her in the best manner possible.

Vita Coco employ the highest standards of food safety at all its production facilities and our beverages are quality and food safety tested internally, and also by an external quality control specialist, before being distributed.

However, because Vita Coco beverages do not contain preservatives, on rare occasion, random spoilage may occur. This is what we are investigating now with Ms. Kline.

Have you ever discovered foreign objects in your minerals?

Share this story with friends and family.

Load More Related Articles
Load More By admin
Load More In Trending
Comments are closed.

Check Also

Beyoncé Allows 6-Year-Old Daughter To Wear Her Sparkly Heels To Grammys And Public Share Thoughts

Blue Ivy Carter certainly made an entrance with her sparkly heels when she attended the 60…