All It Took Was A Second, And Her Little Face Looked Like A Melted Doll…

A toddler has been left with horrific facial burns after grabbing her mum’s scalding cup of tea and accidentally pouring it over herself. Libbie Patterson was left screaming in agony as the boiling hot drink splashed over her face, shoulders and back after she grabbed it from the kitchen counter.

The 16-month-old girl was raced to hospital by her frantic mum Emma where medics spent three nights treating her for burns. But medics hope Libbie’s face – which has been left disfigured following the incident – will not be permanently scarred. Now Emma has released a picture of Libbie’s injuries to warn other parents about the dangers of hot drinks.


The 24-year-old said: “The cup was close to the edge of the work surface and she reached up and grabbed it. It went over her face, shoulders, stomach and back. She screamed and started to cry. I stripped her off and doused her in cold towels after I called for an ambulance and she was still screaming. Libbie’s face was starting to peel and blister and it wasn’t a nice sight. They had to shave her head and she was in a bad way.”

MOM’s SHARE this story with your friend’s and make sure to keep hot drinks away from the surface!

Load More Related Articles
Load More By admin
Load More In Trending
Comments are closed.

Check Also

Gymnast walks onto mat, performs routine that is now 2019’s most watched sports video

Even though Katelyn Ohashi has achieved a lot of amazing things throughout her career, her…