Are you suffering from dry, itchy feet? Is there some sort of flaky, redness or rough feeling on your feet? Do you find cracks located in the heels? Well, these are all symptoms of dry feet. However, this is not an isolated incident; there are many people that suffer from this type of a problem at some point or the other. The reason behind it is because unlike all the other surfaces in your body, there is no oil gland to be found in the skin located on your feet. Instead, you only have sweat glands to act as a source of moisture for your feet.
Various instances suggest that the sweat glands are not adequate in order to get the proper moisturization on your feet. Explaining the common causes for dry feet, Foot Vitals give you an indication on how low humidity, exposure to the sun, ageing as well as cold weather and hot showers are responsible for this problem. Having dry feet is not only uncomfortable, but leads to massive itching as well as burning sensation. Leaving this problem untreated is only going to create more problems in the future. You can try some of the below mentioned home remedies.
- 1. Lemon juice: -The citric acid located in the lemons helps dissolve the dead skin cells. It is recommended by Foot Vitals to soak the feet in lemon juice for at least 10 minutes, and then use a loofah or a scrubber to scrub away all the dead skin cells from your feet.
- 2. Olive oil: – There are various properties of olive oil, amongst which happens to be that of a moisturizer. It is a veritable lifesaver for feet that are dry and cracked. You can add drops of lavender essential oil along with the olive oil in order to accelerate the healing process according to Foot Vitals. Even adding lemon would do the trick. In order to make the perfect solution, you need to combine the ingredients, put them in a jar, and shake it vigorously until the formation of a milky solution. Applying the solution to your cracked heels would do you a lot of good.
- 3. Vaseline: – One of the most common uses of Vaseline would be that of moisturizing. Along with all the other petroleum jelly products, massaging Vaseline in your feet is going to end up healing all the cracks in your feet. As recommended by Livestrong, in order to achieve the best effects, you can apply the Vaseline at night and sleep while putting on your cotton socks. This will allow the Vaseline to be absorbed by your feet. However, be sure to rinse the Vaseline in the morning.
- 4. Sugar: -Strongly recommended by Livestrong, this everyday item, when mixed with an exfoliating scrub consisting of equal parts of brown sugar and olive oil and applying it to your feet for about 10 to 15 minutes can definitely yield a smooth feet.
- 5. Honey: -There are various natural enzymes located in honey that can heal your feet. Livestrong recommends that you soak your feet in warm water which is mixed with honey. Keeping it for 10 to 15 minutes will ensure that your feet start feeling softer.
- 6. Milk: -The milk contains vitamin A along with a lot of other nutrients that contribute to a glowing skin. The presence of lactic acid in the milk, which has the capability to promote the growth of new cells while ensuring that the dead skin cells fall off also add to its advantages. Recommended by Rapid Home Remedies, simply creating a food bath which consist of one cup of milk along with 5 to 7 cups of warm water and using them on the soles of your feet should do the trick.
- 7. Sesame oil: -Containing vitamin E along with three different types of acid, sesame oil also contains antibacterial properties. As recommended by Rapid Home Remedies, keeping your feet soaked in warm water for at least 10 minutes and then rubbing it with sesame oil would help you in getting rid of the cracks in your feet.
- 8. Turmeric: -A fair warning, this remedy is going to turn your feet a bright yellow color. However, the miraculous properties of turmeric cannot be avoided simply due to a temporary change of color. It has been noted that this particular product is very powerful, particularly for those people with dry feet and having infections like athlete’s foot. So, mix about to 3 tablespoons of turmeric powder and a few drops of coconut oil as well. With the resultant mixture, apply the solution to the cracked areas of the feet. Keep the solution for at least 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
Always ensure that you provide your feet with adequate rest. With the help of such home remedies, you would certainly feel a noticeable difference in your feet. So, how do you treat the cracked and dry feet? Let us know, and share this article on social media!